The assembly of certain parts is done on assembly stations of various shapes. Besides the assembly operation, they can check if the assembly process went right. This is achieved by installing sensors on the station to detect components that need to be assembled.
The control system is executed on a flexible PLC (e.g. Siemens Simatic S7 1200).
Benefits of assembly stations:
- The assembly time is significantly reduced, compared to manual assembly
- The assembly quality is superior to the manual assembly
- The possibility of checking if the assembly was performed correctly
- Integration in a traceability system
Components of an assembly station:
- barcode scanner
- thermal printers
- operator panel (HMI) for control and display
- dynamometric screwdriver
- functions for traceability system
- automatic inspection systems
IAS DESIGN performs assembly stations which meet the strictest requirements.